Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Judgment Room


 
 
The Judgment Room
By ~  T. Raceine York
 
I walked into the room with fear and trepidation.
To my profound amazement I found my life on exhibition.
In the middle of the room stood a solitary chair.
In bemusement, I asked myself what I was doing there.
A table by the door held an open book and pen.
I was directed to the chair, not allowed to look at them.
On the wall in front of me was a giant movie screen.
The lights dimmed in the room as I watched every scene.
It was the story of my life playing right before my eyes.
Stunned I watched silently in shame and sad surprise.
I saw every disgraceful injustice, every person I caused pain.
I saw every bad thing I had done, every sinful, ugly stain.
The images before my eyes caused disgust and heartfelt shame.
If I looked inside the book Would it read “guilty” by my name?
I hung my head in misery and choked back my despair.
When I turned my head aside an angel was standing there.
He pointed to the movie screen with sad and troubled eyes.
The scene I saw before me hushed my anguished cries.
I watched God come down to earth in precious infant form.
He made Himself equal to man as He allowed Jesus to be born.
I watched His ministry on earth as He taught us how to live.
Salvation, hope, and love are His most precious gifts.
This was not the greatest gift that God would give to man.
There was one final step to take in His Redemption Plan.
It involved a lonely walk, a cross, and crown of thorns,
a cup of bitter wine and spear, ridicule and scorn.
When Jesus entered Gethsemane He knew death was the final price.
In His compassionate love for man God made the ultimate sacrifice.
God’s love for us is unequaled, unconditional, and unlimited too.
He gave His precious life-blood in His love for me and you.
The picture slowly faded. The screen was dark and bare.
I felt God’s divine forgiveness and release from hell’s despair.
The angel disappeared so I turned to leave the room.
I was afraid to look in the book; afraid it sealed my doom.
In spite of dread I looked inside and wonder filled my soul.
By my name it simply read, “Your debt is paid in full!”
“You will come to live with Me, as My Word foretold
You will enter Pearly Gates and walk on streets of gold.
You will no longer be lost or hurt; no longer will you roam.
I stand here waiting to welcome you to your eternal home.
You have your life to live; Your time does not yet loom.”
On wings of joy and happiness I left The Judgment Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment