Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What DO I DO?


 
Photo by T. Raceine Hobbs-York
 
 
Me:  Greetings My Dear Friend!  How are you? 

Me:  Just wondering!  Have you visited my blog lately?  NO!!!

Me:  Well, I wonder why you haven't been reading it.

Me:  Oh, I see!  You say there hasn't been anything posted.

Me:  I don't understand why you haven't been reading it.  I have written my blog at least 3 to 4 times a week.  But, I am getting no feedback.  It is so disappointing.  WELL!  I suppose it would help if I posted it, huh? 

Friend:  Say what?!?

Me:  Yep!  I have written something almost daily.  Got blogs piling up. 

Friend:  So, what's holding you back?  I like what you have written so far. 

Me:  I'm not sure what is holding me back.  I have some ideas though.  Some of my blogs have been on why I am holding  back.  It always helps me if I share my thoughts with someone.  But this time I don't know who to share them with, so I thought I would blog about them.  Then I worried about blogging about them.  I'm not worried about what I have shared.  I would like to share my poetry, my thoughts, as well as how my blog is going.  I decided to share what my concerns were on my blog.  I hoped I would get some feedback that would help me evolve Blog What May.  So I wrote those blogs.

Me:  THEN I thought how I hope it will be a sharing thing as well as a learning thing, kinda' like my writing group.  Some good quality critique.  This came about because I am worried my writing isn't as good as others because my education does not include a bachelors or masters degree, only two years of college which was all I could afford.  I write from the heart.  That doesn't mean I'm good, even though I think I have potential.  So I thought it would be nice to have two or three people critique my blog, either before, or after I have posted it.  I have written poetry for 30 years (my kind - I'm learning all sorts of new things about poetry, as uneducated as I am.)  I am smart, just unschooled. 

Me:  I am so excited about my blog.  About sharing my "everyday common, ordinary, every day, simple - yet awesome" poetry.  I have written a few new poems, because I didn't know if sharing my old work would be alright.  And I love a challenge.  Blogging is awesome.  Whether I have one follower, or one-hundred, or one million, it doesn't matter.  I love it.  I just realized what I think I need, here in the beginning anyway, a mentor.  But then I tell myself, everyone is so busy.  SO WHAT DO I DO?  I am doing what I did when I was worried that I wasn't ever going to go to heaven until I became perfect.  When I finally went to God with my problem, He told me I don't expect you to be perfect before you trust me.  I will perfect you.  I need you to let me teach you.  My life became much more peaceful and less worrisome at that point.

Friend:  So!  What's your problem?

Me:  I don't know who to ask.  Everyone I know is so busy with their own writing, who do I ask?  Or do I just muddle along on my own.
 
Me:  Today’s poem about AUTUMN has sat in solitude since Tuesday night; waiting in its holding mode because I want to be perfect, but know I will always want to perfect what I have.  I even took photos of beautiful Fall trees today.  Yet, every time, s soon as my blog is written and I go in to post it, I doubt what I have written.  So, what do I do?  Do you know?

Hmmmm ... wellllll... Don't think.  Don't worry.  Just post this one.  Maybe someone will have an idea.
 
Me:  Great Idea

Photo by T. Raceine Hobbs-York


 Until next time, my Friends, follow your dreams; even when you run into a mountain like I have.  Eventually, I believe it will be a molehill.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back, Tawnya! I'm new to blogging, too and, like you, I finally had to just get started even though I wasn't sure how what I had to say would be received. I finally got my own message that I can't improve on what I haven't done. What I have found to be very helpful is the more I do it, the more comfortable I get with the process. But I'm still looking forward to the day when my confidence has increased enough that it doesn't take me 15 minutes to actually hit the 'publish' button!

    ReplyDelete