Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Welcome to Blog What May



I have been blessed with a heart and mind full of love and wonder. I love God, my family, friends, strangers and this incredible world. I also have a love of words and using them to paint pictures with. The extrovert me has convinced the introvert me that having a blog is an excellent way to share all of those bottled up words in my head with an unsuspecting world.

I was blessed for nearly 30 years to love, fuss, feud, fight, and laugh with an incredible man, Robert "Bob" York. He was truly the love of my life. We made each other’s lives heaven and hell. We were married for 25 and a half years and were finally settling in for the long haul. Sadly, his life ended way too early and he is no longer with us. I miss him with all of my heart and I thank God for the years that He gave us with each other.

We were blessed with three incredibly amazing children. Heather, my favorite oldest, who is an accountant and bookkeeper, solidified my absolute knowledge that God is real the moment she was born and I felt God’s Holy Presence in the room. Rachel, my favorite middle child, is a nurse with her eye on going far in the nursing world. She was a miracle from God when He prevented me from losing her in my early months. And then there is Jason, my favorite son, who is the youngest and still discovering how he is going to shake up, I mean impress, the world. When he was born God not only showed me I could love a son as well as two daughters, but that miracles do happen when he was early and we didn’t know if he would make it. That is, until he entered the world screaming his lungs out; I believe that he was screaming even before he left the womb. They are all three Treasures from God that I would not change for the world. There Dad and I are so proud of them we could burst. Sometimes we burst a blood vessel, or popped a vein, but we have been blessed with three wonderful children.

I live with three wild and precocious "lapdogs" that helped hold my world together when our world exploded a year and a half ago when Robert passed away. Those two "not-so-little" Boxers and one, dare I say, solid English Mastiff believe they can fit in our laps and won’t believe us when we say they won’t. I also have one very gabby male cat who never shuts up and could make Saint Peter want to remove his vocal chords. I have to admit, he has made me swear more than once or twice. God forgive me. I love them all. (God forgive me for swearing, not for loving my furry four-legged critters.)

I love God and believe He has given me a gift of writing; well that was until I read my writing group (the Bartlesville WordWeavers) gifted words; then I began to wonder about my writing gift; but that hasn’t stopped me from playing with words, sentences, paragraphs, etc. If you are a writer, you know there is not much that can stop you from putting words on paper. . . or computer; thoughts that nag…nag…nag you, until you give in and write them down.

So now, dear unsuspecting world . . .

Welcome to Blog What May.
A blog that will be different from day to day.
A poem here. A thought there.
Maybe a story, if I dare.
Take a look through my wondering eyes.
You may find yourself surprised.
You may meet someone new,
Someone that interests you .
You never know what you might find.
A pretty picture. A place to dine.
A ray of hope. A thought to ponder.
A sunny smile. A world of wonder.
Step away from your world of strife
And enjoy these Tiny Treasures of Life.

12 comments:

  1. Great job, Tawnya! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. You and Heather have been a God-send. I mean that. I look back to the day when I told you that I believed God had chosen you for the next WordWeavers President. I questioned myself then because I thought I may have been excited to retire. But with hindsight, I know my heart was right. I was in tune with God and should not have doubted. I hope you will not only be a peer in my writing, but I hope and pray you will always be my friend. I know I will always be your friend. You are one of those pivotal people in my life. Without you and Heather Davis, I would not be where I am today in my writing and sharing my faith and my heart.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Tawnya! Your strong faith is inspiring. Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dee Dee. I am humbled. I wish nothing more than for God to shine through ... me and my writing.

      Delete
  3. Love it! So happy to see you officially blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, for setting me up and for all of your help.

      Delete
  4. Your poem made me smile! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I'm looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely loved it! The poem at the end was great. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Somewhere that I need to spend some more time at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tawnya! It is so good to see your here! I love the look of your new blog. Your poem is sweet and intriguing. I can't wait to see what comes next. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete