Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Right to Write



I ask myself, "Okay! You've started a blog. Now what?"

Myself says, "Now, you find your voice. You find out if you have anything to say that will brighten someone's day or help them in any way." (No rhyme intended.)  "You find out, Self, if your love of words and weaving them into poems, thoughts, and stories will reach hearts, minds, and souls. Out of all of the amazingly talented men and women out there, can you possibly be one of them. Do you, Self, indeed have the gift you believe God has given you?"

Only time will answer that question.

The facts for now are these: I love to write! I love everything about writing. I love the feel of pen or pencil gripped between my fingers as my hand slides across cool, smooth paper. I delight in the rainbow colors that spread across my journal as I put down my days thoughts, actions, and feelings. I love the feel of the typewriter, now the laptop or tablet, as I tap-tap-tap the letters on the keys making words. Words become sentences. Sentences become paragraphs, until eventually a poem or story begin to emerge. Sometimes, I even enchant myself with my words; until later when I begin to wonder what others may think. (Self-doubt, this writers curse.)

A blank sheet of paper, screen, or my journal become the venue where I pour out my heart and soul as my vision is transferred from my head through my fingers to the canvas before me.  A thought becomes an idea, a poem, a story.

As I create with my mind, my heart pounds with excited anticipation, my mind reverberates with joy, my soul sings. I feel alive and energized as my mind soars free and my fingers capture the visions, scenes, and thoughts in my head. If you could bottle the electric pulses running through my veins as I let my mind take control and my fingers obey what it is telling me, you could power the world.

Until next time, my Friends, follow your dreams.

4 comments:

  1. A belated welcome to the blogging world, Tawnya - it sounds like you're ready to have some fun here! I'm pretty new to blogging, too, so we can learn together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you write. I love your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your poems are awesome! I hope you keep sharing. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to send you a message last night. But I am new to the blogging world. Thank you so much for "following" me. You are my first "follower" and that makes you very special to me.
      Also, thank you for your sweet comment. I love to write and hope to use blogging to share what I write. Your comment made my day, week, shoot, it made my month. Thank you for the heart smile.
      Have a very happy and sunny day.

      Delete