Thursday, August 29, 2013

Love Letter To Heaven




Saying good-bye isn't easy.  Living without him is even harder.  Twenty-Seven years ago tonight I was getting ready to marry a very special man.  He wasn't a perfect man just like I am not a perfect woman.  But we were perfect for each other. That is what is important to me. Honestly, I didn't see how perfect we were together until he was gone. Every day since the night he passed away I have seen how special we were as a team, a couple, parents, man and wife. I thank God for the years He gave us. I'm thankful to God for the three amazing children that He blessed us with. It wasn't easy. By luck or by God's design, we were making it work. 

God blessed us with three years to get to know each other and 25 and 1/2 years of marriage. They weren't always easy. They went entirely too fast. But they were filled with love, passion for each other, for our children, and for life.  For that, I am so grateful. (Our children would disagree, but we never fought, I say we simply had passionate disagreements.)

 
This is one of the early poems I wrote to and for the man who captured my heart and made me his wife.  Below that is a letter I wrote to him. Things I would tell him if he was still here. 
 
                YOUR LOVE
                       ~by~ T. Raceine York
 
          My heart is full
             of joy and love.
          My soul is free
             as a soaring dove.
          My mind is filled
             with amazed delight
          At how we two
             feel just right.
          My spirits are high
             with childlike glee
          Just from the knowledge
             that you love me.
 
 

 
 
      I pray this letter wings it's way to Heaven and to you, Robert.
 
Dear Robert,
 
     I miss you more than I can express. I wish you were still here more than you could ever have imagined. I am glad God gave you to me for the short years we had together. I pray our children will be loved as well, but maybe not disagree so passionately, or so often. I am sorry for all of the times I hurt you and didn't know and those times I should have apologized but never did. If you are reading this up in heaven I just want to say, I had been meaning to tell you how handsome I always thought you were. I kept waiting because I figured your head was big enough. I want you to know I always told my family and friends behind your back. They just laughed. I know you would have too. I had been planning to tell you for a week; before I could, you were gone. You were a wonderful husband and I was always proud to have you by my side.

     I wish you a blessed and Happy Anniversary, even though I know you are happy and joyful in heaven. For there is no more sorrow; no more tears there.  I love you and I always will. You will never be forgotten because you are still a taproot in my heart that will never be torn out.  I miss you with all that I am. I cannot wait until we meet again in heaven and I can gaze upon your dear face.
 
                                                                          Your Loving Wife,
                                                                                ~ trhy ~

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem and letter, Tawnya. I know Robert would be proud of your brand-new blog! I subscribed to the RSS Feed (at least, I think I did....)

    ReplyDelete